- Robust standard industrial encoder
- Die-cast aluminium housing with particularly eco-friendly powder coating
- Up to 25,000 pulses thanks to high-quality electronics
- Protection class of IP67; shaft sealet to IP65
- Immunity to interference
- Extremely high bearing load: up to 500 N in axial / radial direction
- Maximum mechanical and electrical safety
- Full connection protection at 10 VDC up to 30 VDC
- High output frequency of up to 600 kHz / 2 MHz
- Operating temperature with connector outlet: -40 °C to +85 °C
- Optional: pressure compensation membrane
Modern industrial design and excellent technical properties
Extended temperature range:
The operating temperature range of the WDGI standard encoder with connector outlet is -40 °C and +85 °C. This extended temperature range can be implemented as an option for encoders with cable outlet, thereby widening the possible range of applications without shortening the encoder‘s service life.
Maximum pulse frequencies: 600 kHz to 2 MHz
The WDGI encoders offer the option of working at pulse rates from 1,000 ppr with pulse frequencies of up to 600 kHz (TTL) or 2 MHz (HTL). Consequently, high pulse rates can be deployed at high speeds, considerably increasing the machine‘s measurement accuracy at high throughput rates.
Choice of materials and processing with a view to environmental compatibility
The encoder cover is made of die-cast aluminium. So, unlike the die-cast zinc cover which is commonly used on the market, the housing‘s eco-friendly powder coating can be maintained. Customers can therefore choose the colour they‘d like with a clear conscience.
Clever option: self-adhesive membrane
This membrane guarantees that the encoder is highly reliable, even when temperatures change quickly – during use in mobile work machines or generally in high air humidity, for example. In spite of the membrane, the encoders retain their high protection class of up to IP67 and are still resistant to harsh environmental conditions.
Maximum bearing loads: 500 N
The heavy-duty variant WDGI58D offers a standard bearing load of 500 N each in the axial and radial load directions. The encoder therefore also has sufficient reserves even when faced with extreme shaft loads, which is decisive for a long service life. A long tool life and low maintenance costs are guaranteed.
Evidence of our experience down to the smallest of details
A special feature derived from customer requests is the eyelet integrated in the housing cover, to which a labelling strip can be attached (e.g. to identify the system / location).